06 January 2009

Jobs Hunting SUCKS.

Ugh. Jobs. Why can't I find a job in this town? I'm getting super nervous now... We had to bring our foster Parrot Peanut back to STAR Avian Rescue because we're not sure if we'll even be able to keep our apartment at this rate. That's very nerve wracking!

Yesterday I went to the Humane Society on Macklind and dropped off my 3rd application there. I got the tip from the gal at the reception desk to "Call them. Then call again. Then keep calling, and keep calling. And maybe next month someone will return your call." Great. I already feel like I harassed Knitorious to give me some hours, and they haven't called me in like, 2 weeks. That makes me sad! I really like it there. Ah well, I'll keep calling.

Also dropped a resume and filled out an application at Screen Burst Graphics in Soulard. Screen printing job, for which I posess minimal experience, but have enjoyed doing in the past and could definitely get back up to speed with. Screenprinting is pretty awesome. I hope I get that job!

Where else? Oh, a doggie boutique on Clayton, but I stopped in right as she was closing and she was very busy with those tasks so I should call her again and remind her about the resume I left with her.

And a ton of other places that are all blurring together now. But, I'm more and more realizing that its not that there's something wrong with me, its the market for jobs in this area that's so bad.

oh dag, Charlie Pinetti just walked out here with a ball of gold yarn in his mouth. Actually, its now stretched out the length of the apartment; I hope he didn't swallow any of it. Geh! that cat. He's got a whole bucket of stringy toys and he INSISTS on eating the most expensive and prettiest of my yarn! Feh.

Gotta go clean up the tangle... Oh! and I applied at a bakery over in Shaw, by Tower Grove Park called SweetArt where I'd REALLY like to work. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment