30 January 2009

Do I repeat myself a lot?

I must... I don't know if I do it in everyday conversation, but I just glanced over some posts from Xmas, and saw that I have 2 posts that are very similar. Hmmm.

Speaking of Christmas, I don't know if I shared this little gem. My Father is a smart man. Give him an broken engine and he'll fix it, get it running and painted in the same day. He also has a certian kind of wisdom that I'll never posses. But, when it comes to worldly knowledge, he's rather naive.

On Christmas Morning, he came out into the living room snacking on some bread from the pot-luck dinner before. it was a sweet bread, with a poppyseed filling in the middle. Pretty yum. He walks out and says to me, "Jen, did you know that if you eat this bread with the poppyseeds, and then took a drug test, they'd think you were smoking marijuana?"

o.O

What?

Then I realized... Poppy seeds! As in opiates, the base of opium, heroin... THey'd think you were doing HEROIN. I cracked the eff up! He told me that one of his uncles had told him that the night before. Oh dearest Dad. So wise, and yet so innocent. I then tried to tell him that heroin was terribly addictive awful substance, and that it should NEVER be confused with such a tame substance as pot.

sigh. It hard to parent my parents. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment