30 December 2008

Christmas Goodies


ok, no more bellyaching and pity-poor-me-ing. I got some great Christmas gifts this year. Check them out!

After years and years of drilling into my parents head that
a.) I've been out of the house for a long time and don't need much,
b.) I don't want a gift under the tree just to have a gift under the tree. Its quality not quantity, so I'd rather have nothing than something I will never use, and
c.) I love buying gently used, vintage and useful things you can't find in a Wal*Mart...
They FINALLY GOT IT!!! So here's my haul this year, of gifts I LOVE, appreciate and didn't complain about once! From Left to right-

• Vintage orange hand embroidered tea towels from Mom
• Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needle work, circa 1979 from Judi
• bag of marbles collected over the years with $40 and a hollow point bullet(don't ask) from RB
• Bag of "real" compressed coal from Judi
• Prince Caspian DVD from Dad
• Dancing Machine 45 player that lights up and pulses to the beat!!!!! From Judi and Mom
• Bottle cap word/poetry magnets, sea glass pushpins and stone magnets from Mom Sue
• Grow Your Own Xmas Tree in a can
• Gift Card to buy a new winter coat
• Hand made, Fair Trade Kitty puzzle box (very cool, with secret comparments!)
• Handmade ceramic bowl strainer (great concept, but weirdly made... Almost looks like it became a strainer as an afterthought)
• legwarmers
• Vintage chopsticks and box from Judi
• ugly but useful knitting needle case from Mom
• Tea ball and photo frame

Great stuff! Enough to fit in my siutcase, in expensive and satifying. I'm so glad that they actually listened to me this year! And, now i feel guilty for not buying presents for them. Ah well, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment