02 January 2010

Original Post Date: 27 July 05 Wednesday

Original Post Title: Dream #6 and Insomnia

Last night I tossed and turned all night. I dreampt that the bike I wanted finally arrived at my door step. It was light as a feather, and I slung it over my shoulder to carry it effortlessly up the stairs. It was a nice dream until i tried taking the bike out for a ride. In real life, I have to get through the basement door, a wooden gate and a metal gate to get to the street. Usually not a problem. In my dream, there were gates, upon gates, upon doors, upon gangways, upon stair cases. There were random objects in my way such as logs, railroad ties, cinder blocks, big tangled weeds (hmmm, sounds like too much PitFall). Though the bike was light the path was arduous. Any interpretations aside form the obvious? The overall feeling I had was of satisfaction. I wasn't worried about the hurdles or the doors. I was so glad to have that bike. I remember the handle bars being wrapped in very nice clean crisp white tape. It was shiny and I was so proud to have it. The man I was buying it from was waiting for me to return after the final test drive, and only when I remembered I still had to pay him, did the doors and gangways and gates become hazardous and painstakingly difficult to get through. I knew the man was waiting, I knew he was becoming agitated with my extended absence. I tried to hurry, and that only got me stuck in the door ways, or made more doorways appear. It was frustrating. As usual, I don't clearly recall the end of the dream, so I don't know if I paid the man, or if he was angry. What I do know is that today I bought a new bike. The handlebars are wrapped in clean new white tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment