13 January 2008

New Year

2008 is going to be amazing. Difficult. Challenging. Probably disappointing. But hopefully rewarding. If I can just stay on track.

We're moving to St. Louis in April. Actually I am thinking of staying until May, when the lease is up. Lucky won't want to, but I am having some difficulty leaving Mr. Meers. He doesn't want me to go, i don't really want to leave him high and dry. He's really the only factor making me doubt this move. If I could only have more time with him, if I could just get things in order for him before I go... Sigh. Its a lot of work.

I want to start selling all of the things I know I can make, if only I can wrap my head around HOW to do that. That's actually what I want to write about here today. This is a short list of what i think I can mass produce (on a one person scale, of course) enough of to sell and support myself. I'll have to do all or a combination of these things.

~Letterpressed Notecards and ephemera, stationery and custom anything. I should market these to upscale shoppes and also have some Etsy store or something.
~Knitted items: scarves, toys, shrugs. Smallish things I can make with out having to charge for dozens of hours of labour.
~children's clothing. I love making kids clothes(small and fast!), and I know I can make some great stuff for boutiques.
~Needle Books. Tiny books with fabric pages for storing sewing needles.
~Knitted kitty toys. Sell these at the counter in pet shops.

So in order for that to happen I must construct some sort of organizational timeline. Perhaps go month by month and begin Making these things and establishing an inventory. Just a small, manageable inventory. See what things sell best and then focus on those. I should be able to make projections based on a few months of sales right? I know nothing about business.

Ok I just want ed to get that out of my head. Now, i need to clean up the spare room and print!

No comments:

Post a Comment